Assault on Caldoss
Each player may assign the role of Sub-Commander to a single model in their army. This model then becomes a second character model that can lead the army. The Sub=Commander follows all rules for the Commander with the following exceptions:
- The Sub-Commander can only rise to Character Level 4.
- The Sub-Commander may take 2 items from the Rogue Trader.
- The Sub-Commander can follow the same progression as the Commander, or the Player can design a progression chart specifically for the Sub-Commander.
- The Sub-Commander must replace a member of the Retinue (or be upgraded from the Retinue) and is a member of the Retinue at all times that the Retinue is used.
- The Sub-Commander may be brought as a 2nd HQ choice, without bodyguards, for an army once he has reached Level 4.
- The Sub-Commander does not have a Bodyguard unit and cannot bring the other Bodyguards without the Commander.
- All Experience Tokens earned by the Sub-Commander can only be used to upgrade the Sub-Commander or bodyguards. Likewise, Experience Tokens earned by the Commander cannot be used to upgrade the Sub-Commander.